We are currently operating by an appointment only system, including wellness services.
Please call 281-999-3191 to make an appointment.
We are open for animal intake on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Harris County Pets will not turn away any sick or injured animals. However, we request that non-emergency, owner surrenders postpone turning in their pets until we resume normal operating intake hours and protocols.
According to the CDC and World Health Organization, there is no current evidence that companion animals including pets can spread COVID-19. However, since animals can spread other diseases to people, it’s always a good idea to wash your hands after being around animals.
To prepare, identify another person in your household who is willing and able to care for your pet. Make sure you have an emergency kit for your pet ready-to-go, with at least two weeks’ worth of food, bowls, collars, leashes, bedding, and any needed medications and preventatives.
DISASTER PREPAREDNESS: Please review the following to be sure you are prepared in the event of an emergency or disaster. More information can be found at:
If you shelter in place with your pets:
- Bring all dogs, cats and other small animals indoors.
- Put each pet inside their own pet carrier. It's important to keep each animal separated because stress could cause animals to fight.
- All pets should be wearing identification. Put owner contact information on each pet carrier. Microchips are the best way to locate a lost pet.
If you plan to evacuate with your pets:
- Pre-arrange an animal-friendly evacuation site keeping in mind the number and type of animals you have.
- Make sure all your pet carriers and pet emergency supplies fit in your car
- Begin training your pets now to make them more comfortable with pet carriers and riding in the car.
- Call your pre-arranged animal-friendly evacuation site and confirm availability of space.
- If you evacuate, leave as early as possible. Take all your pets and try to leave in the cooler hours of the day.
Purchase a personalized paver for the new Harris County Pets Resource Center opening later this year! The pavers will be placed outside near the front of the entrances.
They are a great way to honor a special friend, family member or pet!
Follow this link to create your paver: https://harriscountypets.wufoo.com/forms/harris-county-pets-pavers/